• May 8Badminton Tournament, Basketball Tournament and Dodge Ball Games May 14 from 3-5 in A and B Gyms.

• May 8In need of dresses, ties, shirts/pants or shoes - check out the Social closet in room 210.

• May 89th graders: Social tickets will be sold for $10.00 the week of the dance.

• May 8AAHS Mountain Lion Mascot Tryouts Wednesday, May 15 at 3:00 pm in Room B8.

• May 8AAHS Cheerleading tryouts will be held in the AAHS Auxiliary Gym on May 6 and 8-10

• May 8Summer school applications are available in the guidance office until May 14

• March 13The Daffodil DELIVERY DATE has been moved to WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3.

Students need to start showing more school spirit

Back to Article
Back to Article

Pin them! Altoona team mate Will Young makes an effort to pin his opponent. Young defeated his opponent and won a point for his team.

Kaya Newell

Kaya Newell

Kaya Newell

There are a small number of students who participate in school spirit events such as dress up weeks and after school activities. So listen up to these tips on how to improve school spirit

1. Start more student sections at sporting events.  This will show the teams people are rooting for them by showing school spirit.
  2. Wear apparel that supports the junior high.  This will spread the junior high’s message to the word.
  3. Start participating in spirit weeks.  These events are special and more participation will make others want to join the trend.
  4. Participate in extracurricular activities.  Doing so will show one’s support for the junior high and one’s dedication as well.
  5. Attend sporting events and other events held by the junior high.  This will build a fanbase among the junior high’s sport teams
  6. Join in spirit clubs. The school has formed a Mountain Lion Fan Club this year. They participate in going to games and other extracurricular activities to cheer on the school.
  7. The school should permit students to buy an activity pass that can get them in to all school activities. Students would pay a singular fee to purchase the pass and then would be able to get in all other events for free.  This would help with the financial strain of buying tickets to every event.
  8. The school should advertise school sports more and give an incentive for participation in school spirit.
  9. School should have more games and matches during the school day to get more school spirit and the players excited.
  10. The school should have school rallies or assemblies. This will get the students excited for the teams and just to be a part of the school.
1 Comment

One Response to “Students need to start showing more school spirit”

1. madelyn crawford on January 3rd, 2019 8:09 am

Keep up the good work, girls!!!!! 😉

• Students need to start showing more school spirit

Editorial

Different qualities needed to teach different grade levels

Editorial

Sporting events cancelled due to weather must be rescheduled

Editorial

School sporting passes would increase school spirit drastically

• Editorial

EDITORIAL: FOR club needs different meeting times

Editorial

Editorial: Summer approaches, students plan

Editorial

Editorial: Congratulations to junior high softball

Editorial

Editorial: 17 ways to honor those who lost their lives in the Parkland Shooting

Editorial

Editorial: Sweethearts dance steps ninth graders into new social world

Editorial

Editorial: Painted boxes spread happiness

Editorial

Editorial: Varsity chorus, vocal ensemble deserve pat on back