• January 11Follow the principals on Twitter - @Principal_AAJHS @9thGradeAAJHS @DCAMPBELL_AAJHS @Ms_Bogle_AAJHS

• January 7Daffodil Sales are back! Help raise money for the American Cancer Society. Room 212 for info

• December 18Winter break for students Dec. 21 to Jan. 2.

Vans become trendy

Back to Article
Back to Article

Vans become trendy

Kaya Newell, Reporter

The brand Vans has been producing shoes for 52 years. A Google search showed  they opened their first store on March 16, 1966 in Anaheim, Calif. Their products are aimed more towards people who skateboard, but many of their customers do not.

I got my first pair when I was in fourth grade. I was looking for a pair of sneakers that were still stylish but also comfortable.  I fell in love with the shoe brand. Now six years later, I have owned a total of ten pairs throughout my life. They have six classic shoe types, “Sk8-Hi, Old Skool, Slip-On, Authentic, Era and Ultra Range.” 

When I went back to school shopping, I had to get a new pair of shoes. I went to the shoe store Journeys because they have a large selection of Vans, and I tend to find a lot of shoes I like there. A pair of the classic Old skool Vans in the color black/white really caught my eye. They were $60 which I thought was a bit high for the price, but then I tried them on.  I worried the shoes would be narrow and slim like many other popular shoes such as Converse which can become uncomfortable quickly. Turns out they were the complete opposite. They were very comfortable, and the soles were neither too thick nor too thin. They match almost everything making it worth the money.

I also own a pair of the Sk8-Hi in the color black/white which I adore. They aren’t too high of a hi-top, and they are also easy to pair with a lot of outfits. They are easy to lace and look really good with jeans.

Vans has a website, https://www.vans.com/, where one can order many of there products.They have shoe products for infants, kids, men and women ranging in from sizes infant 0-6 weeks to a men’s 18. They also sell sandals, snow boats and clothes. You can customize any of their classic shoes to make them your own. I would strongly recommend choosing the brand Vans if you are looking for a stylish, trendy, comfortable shoe that one can wear on any occasion.

About the Writer
Kaya Newell, Reporter

Hey, how is it going? My name is Kaya, and this is my first year as a reporter on the school Livewire. I joined this class because of my love of photography,...