Hogan starts off students’ days with spirit

Destiny Montgomery

Good morning! Ninth grade science teacher Jessica Hogan says the announcements over the loud speaker. She does this everyday at 7:35 a.m.

Destiny Montgomery, Reporter

Every morning at 7:35 a.m., ninth grade science teacher, Jessica Hogan, says the Pledge of Allegiance and starts the day with the morning announcements.

In the middle of the 2016-2017 school year, Hogan took over the morning announcements after Brad Hatch left.

“Mrs. Mangan asked me to take over the morning announcements. I have a background in public speaking,” Hogan said.

Eighth grade student, Kamdan Bailor, listens to the morning announcements in his first period.

“I personally think that Mrs. Hogan is good at reading the announcements. She lets us know everything that is going on throughout the week, and she doesn’t take too long doing it. My favorite part is when she says what is for lunch,” Bailor said.

On the last school day of every week Hogan comes up with a “Friday Funny,” which gives students a laugh.

“Several teachers contribute into helping me with the Friday funny. Mrs. Arthur’s students made me an entire binder of funny jokes one year,” Hogan said.

“The announcements are very helpful to me because I get to know what is going on, and I will never miss any events. I like how she is fun to listen to, and she gets through the points quickly,” seventh grader Kaylee Burk said.

Hogan has a large sense of humor, which tends to make everything better in, and out of the class.

“Her humor has made class better because it makes me enjoy the class, and it is fun for all of us. I think Mrs. Hogan is really funny and that is why she is one of my favorite teachers. Her humor helps make the announcements more enjoyable to listen to,” ninth grader Abigail Quinn said.

Hogan wishes to start everyone’s day with enthusiasm.