• May 8Badminton Tournament, Basketball Tournament and Dodge Ball Games May 14 from 3-5 in A and B Gyms.

• May 8In need of dresses, ties, shirts/pants or shoes - check out the Social closet in room 210.

• May 89th graders: Social tickets will be sold for $10.00 the week of the dance.

• May 8AAHS Mountain Lion Mascot Tryouts Wednesday, May 15 at 3:00 pm in Room B8.

• May 8AAHS Cheerleading tryouts will be held in the AAHS Auxiliary Gym on May 6 and 8-10

• May 8Summer school applications are available in the guidance office until May 14

• March 13The Daffodil DELIVERY DATE has been moved to WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3.

Jaffa Shrine hosts yearly circus

Back to Article
Back to Article

Jaffa Shrine hosts yearly circus

Meghan James

Meghan James

Meghan James

Kaya Newell, Reporter

The Jaffa Shrine Circus comes to town every year around April.  This year, the show included sixteen acts and featured three acts from America’s Got Talent. The show also showcased many animals such as elephants, horses, lions, tigers and dogs.

I have been going to the circus every year since I was little.  When I was younger, my favorite thing was to meet all the clowns and ride the elephants.  After going for so many years, one may start to notice that every year it is pretty much the same exact thing.

Before starting the show, families had the opportunity to ride the elephants and children could ride the ponies. Although I may say it was a bit pricey as for one elephant ride was $10 per person, and the elephant only went around one time.  Once entering the circus, there were many vendors set up for face painting, which was $7, toy vendors and the opportunity of meeting all the clowns.

I thought the set up was very nice with face paint vendors on each end and and the clowns in the middle.  Throughout the show, there were many workers walking around selling cotton candy, soda and water, popcorn and snow cones.  I thought this very convenient because if audience members get hungry during the show, there is no need to leave.

Another thing I really enjoyed was that there was an intermission.  They performed ten acts then took about a 30 minute intermission then performed the rest of the acts.  They included many different tricks with people from all over the country.

Three of the acts included people who previously appeared on the television show America’s Got Talent. One of them being Bello Nock who performed more than one act throughout the night; all were very fun and interesting. The Chicago Boyz, who were also from America’s Got Talent, performed many flip tricks that were quite breathtaking and left one on the edge of her seat. Wesley Williams was also a performer who did tricks on a unicycle. He ended his act with a stunning ride on a 25 foot unicycle.

My favorite act was the high-wire act performed by the Lopez Troupe. It was interesting to see how they could balance while doing crazy stunts.  I would definitely recommend going to see the circus to any family looking for a fun night.

About the Writer
Kaya Newell, Reporter

Hey, how is it going? My name is Kaya, and this is my first year as a reporter on the school Livewire. I joined this class because of my love of photography,...

1 Comment

One Response to “Jaffa Shrine hosts yearly circus”

1. trevor on April 24th, 2019 11:06 am

i was at the circus this year it was fun

• Jaffa Shrine hosts yearly circus

Columns

Students deserve field trip

• Jaffa Shrine hosts yearly circus

Opinion

The List forces readers to think

• Jaffa Shrine hosts yearly circus

Opinion

“Avengers: Endgame” concludes 22-film saga

• Jaffa Shrine hosts yearly circus

Columns

A burning cathedral, a loss of history, a lack of conversation

• Jaffa Shrine hosts yearly circus

Columns

School hours affect students’ sleep

• Jaffa Shrine hosts yearly circus

Opinion

Five Feet Apart brings tears to all viewers

• Jaffa Shrine hosts yearly circus

Columns

Internet lags cause work backup

• Jaffa Shrine hosts yearly circus

Opinion

Add Lord of the Flies- an untold classic-to reading lists

• Jaffa Shrine hosts yearly circus

Editorial

Different qualities needed to teach different grade levels

• Jaffa Shrine hosts yearly circus

Opinion

Apple releases colorful new iPhones

Jaffa Shrine hosts yearly circus