News Brief: Mansion Mania celebration for eighth grade students

Party time! The virtual announcement for Mansion Mania features helpful information for students to prepare for the event.

Jennyfer Wilson

To celebrate graduation from the junior high, teachers Elizabeth Bronson and Jennyfer Wilson organized an exciting outdoor event for all eighth grade students! 

Mansion Mania, the event planned for students, will take place on Wednesday, May 26 at Mansion Park from 6-9 p.m. The party will feature a DJ, movie, inflatable obstacle course, bounce house and slide, basket auction, food, crafts, prizes, a caricaturist, photo booth, football and more!  Students that wish to participate in the event will need to purchase a ticket prior to the celebration. Eighth graders can purchase tickets for $5 on May 17, 19 or 21 from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the AAJHS main lobby.  Teachers and administration are also encouraged to attend the party and enjoy the fun. 

Bronson said, “We want to make sure that we do something because we think that it is important that they get recognized. The students have had so much taken away from them, so we want to make sure that they get something.”

Wilson said in an interview, “I feel with everything that the eighth graders and all of the kids in the junior high have been through this year that it is right that we send them off with a nice celebration. It has been hard on everybody, and we want them to leave the junior high feeling appreciated.”

After two years in the junior high, eighth grade students now prepare for their transition into the high school as freshmen. A party for the departing students holds excitement as they embark on a new adventure in their educational careers.