Announcements for Thursday, May 12!

8th graders! Be sure to buy your ticket to fun! Roarapalooza tickets are being sold this week in school. No tickets will be sold at the door! Tickets are being sold during fourth period out of Mrs. Bronson’s room 252 and Mrs. Wilson’s room 267. Any students who miss their original ticket day can buy their ticket on Thursday.

Attention students and teachers:  The library will be closed during first, second, third, and fourth periods today due to sixth grade Cyber Academy PSSA testing.  Please do not send students to the library periods one-four on these days.  It will open after the fourth period.  The Help Desk will be located in the library computer lab beside the elevator.  Please enter through the door beside the elevator.

There will be an informational meeting for anyone interested in joining the Speech League next year today. Current and new members are encouraged to attend. The meeting will take place after school in Room 312 and should last until about 3:15. If you like performing or public speaking or just want to feel more comfortable doing presentations in class, the Speech League could be the club for you.

The focus this week for earning eBucks is to have a charged Chromebook! Go home, plug it in, and you’ll be set for the next day! Also, remember that today is Going Crazy for Summer day! Show your excitement for summer and earn 2 eBucks by wearing bright summer colors, your shirt/hoodie backwards, a fun summer hat backwards! Summer’s almost here!

Any 8th grade student interested in trying out for high school cheerleading should make sure they have joined the Google Classroom.  All info will be posted there.  See or email Mrs. Barry-Kyle (272) for the code!

Attention Friends of Rachel: Mark your calendars for our LAST meeting of the school year on Wednesday, May 18th. It will be held immediately after school in cafeteria one until 4 p.m. Snacks will be provided. We hope to see you there!

The softball team made its record 11 and 8 yesterday, splitting with Hollidaysburg. Between the two games, Lilly Snyder hit four doubles, Taniyah Hicks hit two doubles and a triple, Kendall Cogan hit a double and a triple, Ayania Hartman hit a double, Graycie Price hit an inside the park grand slam, and Skyler Reed hit a double and a grand slam.
Skyler Reed also picked up a pitching win. Shayla Austin went two for two at the plate and Abby Ketrow recorded her first career hit.

The AAJHS White baseball team took down Tyrone 5-4 and 14-2 Wednesday. Starting pitcher Andrew Berkheimer went five innings and scored the winning run on Rylan Horell’s walk-off single.