Announcements for Monday, October 17.

(10/10-10/19) Attention Students:  The Wellness Committee is hosting its first Food Lab of the school year on Wednesday, October 19th right after school until 4:15.  Food labs teach you how to create fun and healthy meals and snacks.  Our menu will include: Italian Sliders, Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, Jalapeno Roll-Ups, Homemade Mac and Cheese, and Pepperoni Rolls.  If you enjoy cooking or snacking, sign up to attend in room 415 before the 19th.  

(10/18-10/20) Students, the end of the first marking period is fast approaching.  Are you ready to make the last two weeks count?  Check Skyward for any missing work and put in some extra effort to give your grades a boost.  Remember, you need an overall average of 90% or better to earn the Honor Roll distinction.  To earn an A-pin at the end of the year, you must achieve an average of 86% or better in your core subjects and an average of 81% or better in elective classes. Make an academic achievement goal for this year and work towards that goal every day!

(10/17 & 10/18) There will be an open gym for Boy’s Basketball for 7th & 8th grade students that are not playing a fall sport, on Tuesday October 18th from 6:30-8:30pm in the Junior High Fieldhouse.

(10/17) Our Girls Soccer Team beat Hollidaysburg on Thursday with a score of 2-0.  Ava Frye kicked in both of those goals. Andie Adams and Jenna Zeak each had an assist.  The Girls have only two games left this season and they are both Home Games!  Today they play Dubois, and tomorrow they play Spring Cove.  Please come out and support your Girls Soccer Team!

(10-17) Attention Students:  Here is a riddle:  Jane went to visit Jill.  Jill is Jane’s only husband’s mother-in-law’s only husband’s only daughter’s only daughter.  What relation is Jill to Jane?   If  you think you have the answer, please consider coming to Mathcounts meetings Wednesdays after school in C275.  Please see Mrs. Abbott or email for more information.

(10-18) Attention students:  Here is a pattern:  Find the number that best completes the following sequence:  1, 2, 4, 7, 11,  ???   If you like puzzles and riddles and the 24 game, come to our Mathcounts meeting Wednesday after school from 2:45 until 3:30.  Please see Mrs. Abbott in C275 for details or email.   

(10-18 & 10/19) This announcement is for all Book Club members or anyone interested in attending this year’s Book Club…Our first meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 19 from 2:45- 3:30.  Bring the book you’re reading currently or if you’re not currently reading a book Mrs. Loucks has some spooky stories to share..  Can’t wait to see you all.

(10-19) Attention students:  Here is a riddle:  What is this?  If you have it, you want to share it.  If you share it, you don’t have it.  If you like puzzles and riddles and the 24 game, come to our Mathcounts meeting Wednesday after school from 2:45 until 3:30.  Please see Mrs. Abbott in C275 for details or email.  (Answer:  A secret)

(10-20) Attention students:  Here is a riddle:  Light as a feather, there is nothing in it: the strongest people can’t hold it for much more than a minute.  What is this?  If you like puzzles and riddles and the 24 game, come to our Mathcounts meeting Wednesday after school from 2:45 until 3:30.  Please see Mrs. Abbott in C275 for details or email.  See Mrs.  Abbott for the answers!  (Answer:  your breath!)

(10-21) Attention students:  What can go up and come down without moving?  If you like puzzles and riddles and the 24 game, come to our Mathcounts meeting Wednesday after school from 2:45 until 3:30.  Please see Mrs. Abbott in C275 for details or email.  (Answer: the temperature)