Announcements for Monday, Oct. 31!

(10/24-11/2) Attention Students:  The library is hosting its monthly Lego Club meeting on Wednesday, November 2nd from 2:45-3:30.  Please take note of the time change and be sure to have your ride home here by 3:30.  Again, Lego Club will meet until 3:30 from now on.  If you are interested in joining this month, please sign up in the library before Nov. 2.  You must sign up monthly to participate.  Any questions, please see Mrs. McCaulley in the library.

(10/24-11/3) Students, this week the Sharing for the Holidays committee will begin their annual Veterans Day collection competition. All monies raised will go to our retired veterans living at the Hollidaysburg VA Home. Bring in spare change to your first period homeroom from Monday, October 24th through Friday, November 4th. The three highest-collecting homerooms for each grade level will receive a movie reward in the auditorium. The highest-raising homeroom from each grade level will receive the extra prize of a Dunkin’ Donuts breakfast! 

(10/31) Along about midnight, after the ladies had retired, the men folk gather…As was their custom…Around the fire to tell tales of ghosts and strange sights…As the neighborhood is rich in legendary treasures of the kind. Many dismal tales were told about…Funeral trains…Mourning cries….And wailing were heard from the soul of Major André who haunts the place. There was also the story of…The woman in white… She was often heard to shriek on winter nights before a storm, having died there in the snow. And then there’s the story about the Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow. Some of the folk say he was a German trouper. They say that during the Revolutionary War his head was carried off by a cannonball…They say he rides at night as if on the wings of the wind. He rides back to the battlefield. The church bridge is one of his favorite haunts. Halloween is his favorite time of year. But don’t worry. Everyone knows – once you cross the bridge, you’re safe.The Altoona Area Junior High School Drama Club is proud to present the spooky classic – The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.  Written by Washington Irving and adapted by Kathryn Shultz Miller, Sleepy Hollow is loaded with all the thrills, chills and laughs to keep you on the edge of your seats. Performances are scheduled for 7 p.m. on both Thursday, November 3, 2022 and Friday, November 4, 2022 with a matinee show at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, November 5, 2022.  All performances will take place in the Altoona Area Junior High School Auditorium. General admission tickets will only be on sale at the door and will cost $8 for adults and $5 for students. Doors open approximately 1/2 hour before each show.

Will Ichabod make it safely across the old church bridge on Halloween Night?  Make plans to come to the show to find out the answer! We hope to see you there!

(10/31)  Attention Students:  Here is a riddle:  A cashier at a butcher shop is 5 feet 9 inches, wears size 8 shoes, and is 32 years old.  What does she weigh? If you think you have the answer, please consider coming to Mathcounts meetings Wednesdays after school in C275.  Please see Mrs. Abbott or email for more information.

(10/31)  There will be no Open Mats today.  Open Mats will begin this Wednesday 11/2 right after school. 

(10/31-11/1) Open gym for Boys Basketball on Tuesday, November 1st from 6:30-8:30pm for 7th & 8th Grade students in the Junior High Fieldhouse that are not playing a fall sport. 

(10/31-11/2) Attention all 6th, 7th, and 8th grade girls interested in playing basketball this season… there will be open gyms tonight from 6:00-7:30 and Wednesday November 2nd from 5:30-7:00. A November schedule is outside of Coach Bailor’s room, Room 471. Make sure to stop by and get one!

(10/31-11/2) Attention Students:  The Wellness Committee is hosting its first Games Night of the year!  “Come on out for Games Night, Wednesday, November 2nd from 3:00 to 4:00pm in both AAJHS gyms.  Bring your friends and have fun playing basketball, badminton and Pinball !  All AAJHS students are encouraged to attend! You’ll have a blast!”