Announcements for Tuesday, Nov. 22!

(11/22-11/23) Reminder to all students: As per the Student Code of Conduct for Secondary Students, Students are not permitted to wear pajama bottoms or lounge wear to school as they are considered sleepwear and therefore inappropriate for school. Students found to be wearing clothing that is considered to be sleepwear will be disciplined as per the code of conduct. 

(11/15-11/30) School picture make-ups and retakes will be held the morning of November 30. If you would like a retake, please bring your original package to exchange. If you have not yet had your picture taken and need an order form, please get one from any grade level office or see Mrs. Tromm in room 229.

(11/22-11/23) Help desk hours for Tuesday 11/22/2022 are 8am until 10 am and reopens at 12:30 pm until 2:30pm. Wednesday the helpdesk is only open from 8am until 10am and closed in the afternoon. 

(11/22-11/23) The AAJHS Chess Club will have its weekly meeting on Wednesday instead of Thursday this week which is Thanksgiving day. Please know that it will take place in Cafeteria 1 from 2:45 -3:45 PM. 

(11/18-11/22) Attention All Students!  There will be a lollipop sale on Tuesday, November 22.  You can purchase them in your holding areas or by your grade level office for 50 cents each.

(11/18-11/23) Students…we are having a Hat Day on Wednesday, November 23 to welcome in winter and the holiday season!  Pay $1 to get your sticker that will allow you to wear a hat all day in school this coming Wednesday. Hat Day stickers will be sold during 1st period outside the 6th Grade office, outside the 7th grade office, and outside Mrs. Wilson’s room (267) on the 8th grade floor. Please participate by wearing your favorite hat and support the 8th Grade Class activities!

(11/22) All 7th & 8th grade girls interested in trying out for basketball… tonight is night 2 of tryouts, 4:30-6:30. Please remember, no physical, no tryouts. 

(11/18-11/23) Boys Basketball tryouts will be held Monday 21st, Tuesday 22nd and Wednesday 23rd for 7th and 8th graders in the Junior High Fieldhouse.   7th grade is 3-4:30pm all three days, 8th grade 4:30-6pm all three days.  You must have a physical turned in to attend tryouts.  

(11/22) This Month’s School counseling tip Tuesday topic Conflict Resolution. Conflict is a natural part of life, but resolving it can be HARD! In order to maintain your cool in conflict, you must be able to cooperate effectively with other people. For more information, see your counselor or English teacher.

(11/22)  Attention students:  Here is a riddle:  What am I?   I have a ton of holes, but I still hold liquids.   Everyone is welcome to come to our Mathcounts meeting on Wednesday, November 23rd after school from 2:45 until 3:30.  Please see Mrs. Abbott in C275 for details or email.  (Answer:  a sponge)