Announcements for Monday, Jan. 9!

(1/9) Altoona JH takes 1st place at the Philipsburg Dual tournament.  They defeated Hollidaysburg by score of 69-16, then defeated Philipsburg by score of 54-25. They ended the night by besting State College 48-36.

(1/9-1/11) Attention all girls interested in playing softball: there will be an open gym on Monday and Wednesday this week from 7:00-8:30 at W&J. Please bring sneakers and all your softball gear and enter through the loading dock doors on Fourth Street. Contact Coach Fasolo with any questions.

(1-5 thru 1/9) The library will send out overdue notices on Tuesday, January 10th.  If you have any library books out, please return or renew before Tuesday.  

(1/5-1/12) Students: Did you know that each marking period, students with an average of 90% or better earn the honor roll distinction? Also, A-pins are awarded to students who have an average of 86% or better in core classes and 81% or better in electives in the first three marking periods. The end of the second making period is rapidly approaching! Check your grades on Skyward and make sure you are up to date with all your assignments. You still have a few days until the end of the marking period on Friday, January 13.  Get busy and finish strong!

(1/9) Attention students:  Here is today’s math question: If two more than 3 times x is equal to 5 less than 10 times x, what is the value of x?   If you like puzzles and riddles and the 24 game, come to our Mathcounts meeting Wednesday, January 11 after school from 2:45 until 3:30.  Please see Mrs. Abbott in C275 for details or email.