Announcements for Tuesday, Jan. 31!

(1/26-2/3) AYSO Soccer Spring Registration is now open; anyone interested please visit the AYSO website or find more information on their Facebook page. 

(1/31) Congratulations to the Junior High wrestling team for taking 3rd at the Big 7 Championships this past Saturday.  A special congratulations to Deklan Barr and Dominic Nardozza for placing 1st in their weight class.  Deklan Barr continues to remain undefeated at 25-0 for this season!”

(1/31-2/3) Attention Students:  The library will be mailing out overdue notices for any overdue books from the first and second marking periods on Friday.  Please return or renew any overdue book you may have before Friday. 

(1/31-2/1) AAJHS Chess Club meets this Thursday from  2:45 – 3:45pm in Cafeteria 1.

(1/23-2/1) The library will be hosting its monthly Lego club meeting on Wednesday, February 1st from 2:45-3:30.  Please be sure to have a ride here by 3:30.  If you’re interested in joining us, please sign up in the library.

(1/31) Attention staff and students: this week the Friends of Rachel Club is sponsoring a Kindness week challenge. Today’s challenge is to compliment someone. Tomorrow’s theme is brighten the day with kindness, so wear neon or bright colors. Tomorrow’s challenge is to say “thank you.”

(1/31) This Month’s School counseling tip Tuesday topic is Empathy. Having empathy means to understand and recognize someone else’s experience. Some may say this is like putting yourself in someone else’s shoes. To be able to work well with others, you must be able to have empathy. You never know what others have been through, so you may as well be kind! For more information, stop by the first floor guidance office or see your English teacher.

(1/31) Attention students:  Here is a question: One square has a perimeter of 40 inches.  A second square has a perimeter of 36 inches.  What is the positive difference in the areas of the two squares?  Everyone is welcome to come to our Mathcounts meeting Wednesday after school. Mathcounts students:  please remember that THIS SATURDAY, Feb. 4th is the Mathcounts competition at the Altoona Campus.  Please report at 8:30 a.m. to the Hawthorn building.  Please see Mrs. Abbott in C275 for details or email.