News Brief: Veteran’s Day collection!

Fin Reed
Honor and respect! The Veteran’s Day collection is extended due to the short week of school. Each person that has participated is greatly appreciated.

The yearly Veteran’s Day collection began on Nov. 8 and runs until Nov. 17.

The purpose of this contest is to support all of our veterans that have sacrificed so much for this country.

Eight grade English teacher John Garlick said, “The main reason that they do this every year is because many veterans are alone on holidays. They have sacrificed so much, yet many of them are still alone for the holidays and may have family that cannot visit them.”

The collection this year has been extended instead of it just being 3 days.

“The short week prior to Veteran’s Day has made everything difficult this year, and it seems like it has been difficult to get students to participate,” Garlick said.

Many veterans have done so much, yet are not rewarded in the ways that they should be. Even though spending time is very little, it may be important to them. It is never nice to feel alone, no matter how old or young someone maybe be.