News brief: Child Development Story Books

Childrens story books! The child development classes just got done writing and illustrating their childrens books. Many of the students are giving them away as Christmas presents to family members.
Andie Kephart
Children’s story books! The child development classes just got done writing and illustrating their children’s books. Many of the students are giving them away as Christmas presents to family members.

The child development classes just had the task of caring for a robot baby. Many students had sleepless nights of crying children. After the students took care of it, they had to write and illustrate a children’s book. 

The students had full creative freedom on these books. 

“My topic is a pair of sunglasses that take you anywhere you want at any time. I chose this topic because I’ve always wanted to travel and explore the world,” eighth grader Emma Morgan said. 

Hector the Hippo! Eighth grader Livi Adams is writing a story about the adventures of Hector the Hippo. Hector needs a hobby so he goes around and asks all his friends for advice. At the end of the story Hector has found his hobby, “I’m giving mine away to a local pre-school because I think it’s important to help your community,” Adams said. (Andie Kephart )

After their books were made, they had the choice to give it away or keep it. Some chose to give a family member the books for Christmas. For example, some gave them to little cousins, nieces and nephews or their younger siblings. 

“I am support proud of my students and the hard work they put into this project. They’re really excited to see the looks on the kids’ faces whenever they give them the books. I am thankful for this opportunity given to my class through the districts’ venture grant,” eighth grade child development teacher Kristina Rose said.