• April 26Lunch - Garlic Pizza Griller w/Sauce, Mixed Vegetables, Romaine Salad and Choice of Fruit and Milk!

The Dirty Soda Shack

After the dirty soda trend gained popularity on TikTok, shops began popping up around the country. Dirty Soda Shack has upgraded from a business on wheels to a brick and mortar located in Your Jewelry Box’s parking lot. 

The Dirty Soda Shack opened up a drive thru on Sept. 2, 2023. Owned by Kelly Smith and co-owner Maddie Peterson, the building also includes an outdoor seating area and a walk-up window.

The Dirty Soda Shack serves multiple types of soda along with many different types of add-ons, including fruit and syrups. They don’t only serve soda; they also have many savory and sweet snacks to choose from. 

The Dirty Soda Shack! Their soda and snack menu. (Andie Kephart)

The menu has a large variety of drinks. They have drinks with Coke, Sprite, Mtn. Dew, Dr. Pepper and Root Beer. They also offer a diet in all of those sodas. Their menu also has a section called, “The Skinny Menu,” which specifically has diet and sugar-free options. Also, the business has energy drink sodas, specialty items and seasonal drinks. 

The first drink I tried was the Prim & Peach soda. It had Sprite Zero, pineapple, peach puree and coconut cream. It had a perfect balance between the peach and coconut cream. This drink was on the Skinny Menu, so everything in it was sugar and caffeine free. 

The next one was Harry Styles. It was made with Mtn. Dew, watermelon, strawberry and kiwi with Sour Patch Watermelons. The drink was very sweet, and the watermelon and strawberry flavors came through strongly. There were kiwi undertones and Sour Patch Watermelons around the straw for edible decor. 

The last one I tried was Basic Beach. This one was made with Diet Mtn. Dew, peach, strawberry and raspberry. The strawberry flavor overpowered the drink, and the peach and raspberry were very subtle. It almost tasted like a Shirley Temple. It was a very refreshing, summery drink and came with a strawberry garnish on top. 

Andie Kephart

As for the service, it was phenomenal. They made my drinks fast for only having two workers at that time. They were very kind and made small talk. They also gave us options between paper or plastic straws, #SaveTheEnvironment. They were overall efficient and kind during my visit. 

The building has a homey vibe to it. It is a very small shack, hence the name, and it feels very cozy and is decorated. Currently, they are decorated for Valentine’s Day and offer seasonal drinks, such as their gourmet hot chocolate. 

Overall, I give this business a very high rating. I loved their products and the environment of the establishment. Their sodas were delicious and all well-balanced. I would definitely go again, and I recommend visiting Dirty Soda Shack next time you’re craving a sweet drink.