• March 1Lunch- Toasted Cheese Sandwich, Steamed Peas, Tomato Soup, Choice Of Fruit And Choice Of Milk!
  • February 29Lunch- Sweet N Sour Chicken Over Rice, Steamed Broccoli, Choice Of Fruit And Choice Of Milk!
  • February 29Click here for today's announcements1
  • February 28Lunch- Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Sandwich, Candied Sweet Potatoes, Choice Of Fruit And Choice Of Milk!
  • February 28Click here for today's announcements!
  • February 27Lunch- Taco Tuesday Hard Shell Tacos, Baked Beans, Steamed Corn, Choice Of Fruit, Choice Of Milk!
  • February 27Click here for today's announcements!
  • February 26Lunch- Mini Corn Dogs, Cheesy Potato Bake, Choice Of Fruit, Choice Of Milk!
  • February 26Click here for today's announcements!
  • February 23Lunch- Cheesy Pizza Sticks with sauce, steamed broccoli and a choice of fruit and milk!

New Brief: History Of The Fire And Ice Dance

Drama+with+dresses%21+Eighth+grader+Riley+Winters+says+that+she+has+much+drama+with+shopping+for+dresses%21+To+her%2C+everything+about+it+is+tiring.+Winters+said%2C+Dress+shopping+is+really+hard%3A+you+have+to+find+the+right+size%2C+color+and+fabric.+
Emma Hovan
Drama with dresses! Eighth grader Riley Winters says that she has much drama with shopping for dresses! To her, everything about it is tiring. Winters said, “Dress shopping is really hard: you have to find the right size, color and fabric.”

Sparkly dresses, outrageously tall high heels, khakis, polos and the occasional ties have been filling eighth graders minds. So, while students have been caught up in the glitz and glam of The Fire and Ice Dance, many may not know about the history of the event.

While it is currently called The Fire and Ice Dance, that wasn’t always the case.

Eighth grade American cultures teacher and dance organizer  Elizabeth Bronson said,

“It used to be The Sweethearts’ Dance. When Mrs. Wilson and myself took over, we changed it.”

According to Bronson, there is a specific reason why they decided to change the name.

“We thought sweetheart meant, like the traditional sweetheart of boy and girl. We didn’t want it to seem like a couples thing. We wanted it to be all-inclusive so that everyone could come, so we thought fire and ice would take it away from it’s typical, you have to take a date to come,” said Bronson.

If you want to help keep tradition alive, attend the dance on February 23!