New Artists Popping Up Everywhere!

Fin Reed
Lyn Lapid is an artist who appeared in 2020. She uses mixed genres of traditional Filipino and modern pop.

Lyn Lapid is an artist who began her musical career in February of 2020. She’s produced many songs in the past four years including “Poster Boy,” “Producer Man,” and many more.

The genre of her music consists of traditional Filipino, folk music and modern pop. Traditional Filipino music consists of a simple structure, a singable melody, it is sung in a relaxed and easy voice, and it consists of a simple harmony. Meanwhile, modern pop is a contemporary form of music that appeals to a very wide audience.

Another song I really enjoy listening to is called, “Poster Boy.” This song is a love song about a boy you have just meant. Some of the lyrics are, “Saw you at the corner store. I don’t think we’ve met before, But it’s so nice to meet you. How have I never seen you? You were wearing corduroy, looking like a poster boy. Caught the scent of your shampoo. Yeah, I think that I love you.”

These lyrics indicate that love at first sight can happen, which is exactly what is being explained in these first few lyrics.

The song, “Producer Man,” talks about a 17-year-old girl who is promised fame and success by a producer who only has his own financial gain in mind. The song has a lower tone, and also has repetition. The song also talks about making a deal, which probably isn’t fair to the girl.

The lyrics say, “I’ll make you a deal you can’t refuse.”

Some songs of hers are for a more mature audience, so I would suggest for people under the age of 13 to check with a trusted adult before listening to some of her songs.

Overall, I would rate Lyn Lapid three out of four stars. The only reason I didn’t give a four out of four is because I personally don’t think that the genre of her music is my favorite. Although I do like it, it isn’t my preference.