News brief: Wrestling History Made!

Wrestling+wonder%21+Eighth+grader+Sarah+Glenny+makes+not+only+AAJHS+history%2C+but+Altoona+history+with+her+wrestling+skills%21+
Londyn Runk
Wrestling wonder! Eighth grader Sarah Glenny makes not only AAJHS history, but Altoona history with her wrestling skills!

Eighth grade wrestler Sarah Glenny made Altoona history by being the first girl advancing to the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling state tournament!

Glenny started wrestling in September of 2023.

“I have been wanting to wrestle for a year or so,” said Glenny. “I just kind of tried it out and fell in love with it.”

Many people have told her to become a wrestler and said that she had the strength in her to become one!

Glenny said, “People saw the intensity and the discipline in me and said I should go for wrestling.”

Although she has the strength and passion for wrestling, Glenny doesn’t want to be the only one to have credit for her success.

“A lot of the credit goes to my coaches, my teammates and above all God because He helps me and gives me energy, joy and the love to love the grind.”

Her story is very empowering and shows that anyone can do anything they set their minds to!