Local Equestrian Goes to Nationals!

Photo courtesy of Elliana Scott
    Equestrian aspirations! This is just the start of Scott’s career! In the future, with hard work and determination, she had planned to accomplish more than anyone could imagine. According to Scott, ” I want to make the leagues too one day, like the Olympics.”

Seventh grader Elliana Scott has achieved the great feat of being able to compete at a national level for dressage.

Dressage, which is a form of horse horse back riding, is where horse and rider work together to perform graceful and effortless movements.

According to Scott, there were some factors that helped her win.

Scott said,” Well, lots of practice. And my mom said if I got first place, I’d get a puppy.”

Scott reflected on the feelings she has about advancing.

“It’s really crazy and honestly really hard to believe because for a couple years now, I’ve always been the underdog,” said Scott.

This accomplishment was no easy feat, as she had many challenges along the way.

“I always placed second, third or fourth, but I just kept working, and it finally paid off,” Scott said.

Her national competition is in April, so make sure you wish her luck if you see her in the hallways!