• May 22Lunch - Bacon, Egg & Cheese Sandwich, Sweet Potato Fries and Choice of Fruit and Milk!
  • May 21Lunch - Taco Tuesday Hard Shell Tacos, Steamed Corn, Baked Beans and Choice of Fruit and Milk!
  • May 20Lunch- Mini Corn Dogs and Cheesy Potato Bake with a choice of fruit and milk!
  • May 17Click here for today's announcements!
  • May 17Lunch - Cheesy Pizza Sticks w/Sauce, Glazed Honey Carrots, Caesar Salad and Choice of Fruit and Milk!
  • May 16Lunch - Mash Potato Bowl w/Roll, Mash Potatoes, Steamed Corn and Choice of Fruit and Milk!
  • May 15Lunch - Big Mack Wrap, Baked Beans and Choice of Fruit and Milk!
  • May 14Lunch - Parmesan Popcorn Chicken w/Breadstick, Cheesy Broccoli and Choice of Fruit and Milk!
  • May 13Click here for today's announcements!
  • May 13Lunch - Sloppy Joe Sandwich, French Fries and Choice of Fruit and Milk!

Bowling Club!

Andie Kephart
Strike! A new bowling club has been presented to our school, and students are encouraged to join! The director and math teacher, Christopher Strawmier is excited to teach kids how to excel in bowling. Strawmier said, “I love the sport of bowling and have done it for 50 years. Since I am a teacher and have a ton of bowling experience, I thought, Why not start a Bowling Club?”

Bowling club is the most recent and exciting addition to our school. There are currently 14 members in the club so far! math teacher, Christopher Strawmier is hoping to have more students join the club!

The decrease in league bowlers is the predominate reason there has been a 14 percent decline in the annual number of bowling participation, said the website whitehutchinson.com.

Strawmier said, “The club was created to foster the participation in bowling starting with our young folks because the amount of people that are bowling is dwindling.”

I expect the club to grow over time as more people interested in bowling discover this great opportunity.

— Christopher Strawmier

If wondering how to attend, the meetings are every Monday in April at the Bavarian Aid Society bowling alley. Next year, teachers are hoping to meet every week for the entire bowling season from Nov.-March.

Strawmier said, “Eventually we would like to be able to compete in matches against other schools, too.”

Anyone in grades 6-12 can join the after school activity. With the help of Anne Saclaro, the Manager of the Local USBC (United States Bowling Congress) in Altoona District, the initial legwork began last fall. 

One, out of many of the students that joined, is an eighth grader named Konner King. 

“My favorite thing to do in bowling club is to bowl and make friends with people who have common interests as me. I’ve been bowling my whole life. I’ve traveled as far out as Grand Rapids, Michigan for tournaments. It’s my favorite hobby, so when I found out that I could do it for the school, I couldn’t pass it up,” said King.

Join Bowling Club! It has amazing teachers, students and opportunities for you to be yourself!