Watch Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatlballs 2 is currently in theaters around America. The first movie was about the main character Flint Lockwood (voiced by Bill Hader) inventing a machine. The machine would create food out of water, which would fall out of the sky. At the end of the movie, someone might be left to wonder what happens to Swallow Falls.

In the sequel, it begins with  brief history on Flint Lockwood and a new character, Chester V (voiced by Will Forte). Then it starts right where it left off. Flint and his girlfriend, Sam Sparks (voiced by Anna Farris) are back at Swallow Falls along with the rest of the Swallow Falls citizens. Massive food is everywhere; it’s like a jungle made from food.

This is when the new character, Chester V, shows up. He’s supposed to be the most famous scientist and Flint’s personal hero. Chester asks Flint to work with him at Live Corp, which is his building where scientists work. Flint agrees and the rest of the Swallow Falls citizens evacuate to a clean island.

Flint is later asked by Chester V to clean up the island alone. Flint agrees again because he would do anything for Chester V. Flint brings Sam, his dad Tim, Brent and Manny. He also brings his monkey Steve who has a machine making him capable of talking. When they arrive, they find out that the food on the island is alive. They deal with everything from cheese burger spider to taco crocodiles. Nobody is aware that this is all a big trick. Chester V is using Flint.

To “stop” the animals, Flint has to put a BS-USB in his original machine from the first movie. Could the animals be that bad, though? Does Flint do it? To find out, you can go http://www.carmike.com/ShowTimes.

Overall, the movie was okay. It’s was definitely not great, but it wasn’t horrible. Most sequels don’t live up to their original film.

The new character was supposed to be very important in Flint’s childhood, yet he was never mentioned in the first movie. Also, there were so many unnecessary characters. There was one named Brent (voiced by Andy Samberg) and it’s not clear at all to why he’s there.

The cast was very well chosen and the voice-overs were fantastic. The movie would probably be more amusing to a younger child.