• April 12Mini-Thon! The cost is $10 and sixth grade tickets will be sold Monday, April 15 and Tuesday, April 16 in room 212.
  • April 12Lunch - Toasted Cheese Sandwich, Steamed Peas, Tomato Soup and Choice of Fruit and Milk!

Weekly words of wisdom

First Lady, Michelle Obama
First Lady, Michelle Obama
First Lady, Michelle Obama

Weekly words of wisdom

“One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals. And so when I hear about negative and false attacks, I really don’t invest any energy in them, because I know who I am.”

-Michelle Obama

This week’s quote is from first lady, Michelle Obama. Not only is Michelle the president’s wife, but she is also an American lawyer and writer. Obama attended Princeton University and Harvard Law School. One thing you may not know about Michelle Obama is that she is one of three first ladies who hold a graduate degree. She also writes her own speeches.

In this quote, Michelle says “stay true to yourself.” A lot of people in this  generation try to change themselves to  look like the girls and guys in magazines or act a certain way to be ‘cool’. It can be hard sometimes to be yourself when that means being different. If we all dressed the same and acted the same imagine what a boring world we would live in. Obama also encourages everyone to ignore people when they badmouth you. Their opinion should not matter to you and it is up to you to rise above the hate and not retaliate.