What’s the 411?

Trent Miller is learning how to fly for the school play Peter Pan. This is their first flying practice and its going to take some getting used to.
Photo by Becca Gallace
Trent Miller is learning how to fly for the school play Peter Pan. This is their first flying practice and it’s going to take some getting used to. Photo by Becca Gallace

School Clubs

• Literary Magazine Club – meeting scheduled for Wednesday, March 5 at 3 p.m. in room C234; notify Mr. King or Mrs. Pletcher if not able to attend
  • Drama Club – “Peter Pan Jr.” opening Thursday, March 13. Cast and crew members of the play rehearse every day after school from 3-7.

Trent Miller is learning how to fly for the school play Peter Pan. This is their first flying practice and it's going to take some getting used to. Photo by Becca Gallace
Trent Miller is learning how to fly for the school play Peter Pan. This is their first flying practice and it’s going to take some getting used to.
Photo by Becca Gallace
  • Circle of Friends- upcoming meeting Thursday, March 6 in Ms. Morgan’s room from 3-3:30 p.m.; members should stop by Ms. Morgan’s room to pick up a permission form if they cannot attend the meeting

Sports

• Softball – ninth grade team tryouts held this week at Logan Elementary from 3:45-6 p.m.; players should take bus 28 located in front of the high school

• Track – starts Monday, March 3; first meet Tuesday, March 25

• Lioneers Dance Team – complete physicals and turn in to the AAHS athletic office by Tuesday, April 15; forms available online or in the athletic office

• Indoor Silks – silks will not compete at Curwensville Sunday, March 23

School Events

• The pizza party for Western Day winners currently scheduled for Thursday, March 6 in the grade level office during regular lunch period

• Cabin Fever Day currently scheduled for Thursday, March 13

• Babysitting workshop at Hollidaysburg YMCA  Tuesday, March 11 and Thursday, March 13 from 6-8:30 p.m. with a cost of $40, see Mrs. Holton for more information

• No school Friday, March 14

• Snow make-up day currently scheduled for Friday, March 7

• Conferences Tuesday, March 11 and 14 from 4-8 p.m.

• Canned Food Drive ends March 6

Music Department

• String quartet will play in the library during conferences Friday, March 14

• Band, orchestra, and chorus still practicing for adjudication.