Festive Treat

This is the finished product of warm chocolate pudding.

~A dish to try on a holiday or a special/certain occasion~

The cold weather has got everyone upset.  So why not make a warm treat to make the cold weather a little better?  Try making Warm Chocolate Pudding.  The treat will lighten up the bad mood due to the cold weather and it’s delicious!  It makes four warm chocolate puddings so sit down with friends and enjoy.  It takes a total of 40 minutes to make and it’s best to eat right after it’s made rather than waiting a few days.

Ingredients:

4 oz. of semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped

4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter

4 tablespoons sugar

2 large eggs, yolks and whites separated

½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract

¼ teaspoon salt

ice cream (any flavor), for serving (optional)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place four 6-8 oz. oven proof baking bowls in a baking sheet. set aside.

2. Place chocolate and butter in a medium heatproof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir occasionally just until melted, 4-5 minutes.  Remove from heat; mix in 2 tablespoons of sugar, then egg yolks and vanilla.  Set aside.

3. In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Still beating, gradually add remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar; beat until mixture is stiff and glossy.

4. Using a rubber spatula, mix about ⅓ egg-white mixture into chocolate mixture; gently fold in remaining egg-white mixture just until combined.  Divide among bowls.  (Puddings can be  prepared in advance up to this point; cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate up to 1 day.)

5.  Bake until tops are puffed and cracked but insides are still quite soft (a toothpick inserted in center in center will come out gooey), 20-25 minutes, or 25-30 minutes if puddings were previously refrigerated.  Serve, warm or at room temperature (puddings may sink as they cool), topped with ice cream, if desired.