Cartoon fanatics

This week’s throwback is Danny Phantom. It was originally aired on Nickelodeon. Photo courtesy of: Lynsey Davis.
This week's throwback is Danny Phantom. It was originally aired on Nickelodeon. Photo courtesy of: Lynsey Davis.

This week’s throwback is Danny Phantom. Danny Phantom was originally aired on Nickelodeon.The show is named after the main character Danny Fenton.

Danny Fenton is a fourteen year old boy who had an accident with a portal. He fell inside, causing him to go from the human world to the supernatural world or “Ghost Zone.” This has caused him to become half ghost and half human. He uses his superhero advantage to be a real hero and save his town and the world from the dangers that the supernatural realm brings. He has to keep his ghost side a secret from the whole world except for his best friends, Tucker Foley and Samantha Manson.

Samantha Manson is Danny’s female best friend. She has a crush on Danny and at the end of the series, she becomes his girlfriend. She is the one that is responsible for Danny’s accident

Tucker Foley is an easy going teenager who is in love with technology and getting a girlfriend. He is Danny’s best guy friend. He tends to make inventions that will work well in the “Ghost Zone.”

The show was cancelled due to low popularity ratings and Nickelodeon wanted to make more room on the network for newer shows.

One of the most popular episodes is season two episode 36, Masters of All Time. An ecto-acne ridden- Vlad infects Tucker and Sam so that Danny has to find a cure. He goes back in time to prevent the incident from occurring. Instead, Vlad marries, Danny‘s mother, Maddie, and Danny‘s father, Jack, becomes half ghost. Here’s the link so you can watch the episode!

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/danny-phantom-episode-36-masters-of-all-time