What’s the 411?

Superstar!  Mika Boorem is teaching a lesson to the drama students.  This was a lesson that was really important to the students.
Superstar! Mika Boorem is teaching a lesson to the drama students. This was a lesson that was really important to the students.

School Clubs

• Drama Club – meetings Wednesday, May 7 at 7:10 a.m. in auditorium and Wednesday, May 7 at 3 p.m. in Cafeteria 2; members going on the May field trip should attend one of these meetings to receive permission slips and important trip information; members interested in community service should see Miss Becher in room C243 to sign up to help at the Blair Country Arts Festival Saturday, May 17 and Sunday, May 18

Sports

• Softball – game Friday, May 9 against Hollidaysburg at Legion Park from 5:00-7:00 p.m.; high school lost to Central Mountain Tuesday, May 6 with a score of 3-14

• Boys’ Baseball – Fiochetta Tournament Friday, May 9 and Satuday, May 1o at Vets field; game Monday, May 12 against Bishop McCort  from 4:00-7:00 p.m.; away game Wednesday, May 14 against Mifflin County at 4:30 p.m.; game Thursday, May 15 against Punxsutawney from 4:00- 4:30 p.m.
  • Boys’ Volleyball – game Friday, May 9 against Carlisle at 5:30 p.m.;  game Tuesday, May 13 against Huntingdon at 6:00 p.m.

• Track and Field – District 6 Championships held Thursday, May 15 at 3:30 p.m.;  seventh grade Altoona MS Championships held Saturday, May 10 at 10:00 a.m.

School Events

• Sixth grade visits the school Thursday, May 8 and Friday, May 9

• Character day held Thursday, May 8

• National Junior Honor Society induction held Thursday, May 8

• Blair County Arts festival held Sunday, May 18

• DC reward trip for students who sold ten or more magazines Wednesday,  May 21

• Ninth grade Social held Friday,  May 23

• Ninth Grade Awards Ceremony held Thursday, May 29

• Hat day for participating students held Friday, May 30

• Actress Mika Boorem visited the drama classrooms to teach the students about acting

Music Department

• Eighth and Ninth grade orchestra, band and chorus prepare for adjudication at Six Flags  Saturday, May 17

• Chamber, jazz band and vocal ensemble perform at the Blair Country Arts Festival Sunday, May 18

• Orchestra, symphonic orchestra, chamber and quartet prepare  for their concert  Tuesday, May 20

Superstar! Mika Boorem is teaching a lesson to the drama students. This was a lesson that was really important to the students. Photo by Joanne Pringle