Universal Gaming

courtesy of http://mentalmars.deviantart.com/art/Mario-Kart-8-Wallpaper-preview-447706920

After its first holiday season of strong sales, it has been no lie that Nintendo’s newest console, the Wii U, is struggling. Being annihilated by Sony’s PlayStation 4 and lacking sales compared to Microsoft’s XBOX One, many have begun to think the Wii U may end Nintendo’s ever glorious reign of the gaming market. Though negative press, poor hardware in comparison to competition and a small amount of software may be plaguing the console, that is about to change with the release of Mario Kart 8 late this May. Selling out nearly everywhere, this could give Nintendo the edge to overtaking Sony and Microsoft for at least the second half of the year, and maybe crawling its way to victory in the sure to be close console wars.

courtesy of http://www.deviantart.com/art/Mario-Kart-in-perler-beads-105737461

Gamers everywhere should check into this. An amazing value ($330) for a brand new Wii U Deluxe, collectible Blue Shell figurine, Wii Remote Plus, special Wii Wheel and a copy of the game. And it doesn’t end there. This goes for any gamer, whether they own a Wii U or not. If they purchase the game and register it online by the end of July, gamers are eligible to receive a free copy of either Pikmin 3, The Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker HD, Wii Party U or New Super Mario Bros. U. Though they are the highest selling games and most Wii U owners probably already own them, it is a great deal for anyone contemplating whether they should pick up a Wii U or not. The game itself should be a strong reason to pick up a Wii U, even if the limited edition one is sold out, like it is most places now. Whether you purchase a Wii U or already own one, all you must do to receive a free game is buy Mario Kart 8 and enter the code online. The ratings for the games are listed below:

New Super Mario Bros U.-86

Pikmin 3-93

The Legend of Zelda the Wind Waker HD-95

Wii Party U-70

Even though up to this point the Wii U has seemed as though it is a lost cause and made Nintendo lose over 457 million the last fiscal year, sales should improve greatly this year with games like Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, X* and possibly a brand new Zelda title. The Wii U has lots of potential left and if gamers have not purchased one yet, now is the time. A huge lineup of exclusives that Sony and Microsoft can’t compete with is on the way, and though the Wii U may not be as powerful as either console, it is sure to deliver Nintendo’s eternal quality in the form of great games and creative uses of hardware.

So do you think Mario Kart 8 will save the Wii U? Will you be picking one up now? Leave your comments below!