Same sex couples permitted at social

Same sex couples are allowed to go to social together! Photo courtesy of Alexa T., www.teenink.com/

Students deserve to be with the one that they want to be with, no matter their partner’s gender.

At the junior high, same sex couples are allowed to go to the dances together. A lot of the students were quite ecstatic to find out that they can be with their date without them breaking the rules.

Lori Mangan, the junior high’s head principal, said that the students are allowed to bring the same gender to the social.

In school, people are trying to be themselves. With doing so, it means that people are finding who they really want to be when they get older or when they mature more. This could mean students finding their hobbies, likes, dislikes, interests, along with their sexuality. Yet, most people who find out all of these things are afraid that being different means being wrong.

When the time to go to a school dance comes around, couples genuinely choose to go together. It’s a common thing for this to happen. Others who cannot find dates tend to go with a group of friends.

At dances, people shouldn’t be afraid to go with the person they are dating. Though, some students are in great fear that if they show up with the person that they’re with, then they will suffer because of their peers.

As of May 20, 2014, same sex marriage laws changed in Pennsylvania. People are now allowed to marry the same gender.

With that law being changed, it should change the rules for people going to dances with the same gender as well.