• April 12Mini-Thon! The cost is $10 and sixth grade tickets will be sold Monday, April 15 and Tuesday, April 16 in room 212.

Ninth grade social approaches in May

en.wikipedia.org
en.wikipedia.org

After the Sweetheart’s Dance, the school scheduled another dance on May 24. The dance permits only ninth graders to attend. Just recently, the ninth grade committee voted on the theme of “Black Light Explosion”.

Stephanie Mcaleer and Christie Klausman co-manage the dance. In charge of the ninth grade committee, they plan all ninth grade events including tailgates. T-shirt and lollipop sales funded money for food, decoration and more for the social. Ninth grade students, members of the ninth grade committees assisted in the sales. Two days before social, they will also get out of class early to decorate the gym.

The social this year, for the first time, will contain a photo booth.

“There is a lot of time managing, paperwork and contacting. But it’s rewarding to see the kids excited,” Mcaleer said.

Ninth grade biology teacher, Stephanie McAleer is in charge of everything with the Social. This is her first year organizing for the Social. Photo by Hannah Barr
Ninth grade biology teacher, Stephanie McAleer is in charge of everything with the Social. This is her first year organizing for the Social.
Photo by Hannah Barr

The committee picked a theme that they hoped all students would enjoy. During February, they decided on two themes, “Masquerade” and “Black Light Explosion”. After the ninth grade committee voted, the theme for this year’s social is “Black Light Explosion”.

“…black light is so basic. Everyone has black light parties. I would have picked masquerade,” Rylee Banks said.

en.wikipedia.org
en.wikipedia.org

In addition to the “Black Light Explosion”, the social contains rules and dress codes that students must follow to attend. This casual, formal dance allows girls to wear short or long dresses with or without straps. Boys should wear dress shirts and pants but are not allowed to wear a tuxedo.

“ You’ve  got to have that fun, puffy dress with all the sparkly,” Banks said.

Any student with five or more demerits and/ or probation can not attend social. Owing fines also withdraws students from the social. Fines must be paid by Friday, May 17. There will be no exception. No flowers, corsages or limousines arriving at the social.

Ninth grade committee starts selling tickets on Wednesday, May 22. They only sell from 7:15 to 7:45 a.m. at the gym lobby. Student’s last name A-K purchase their social tickets on Wednesday, L-Z on Thursday, May 23. They sell tickets on Friday, May 24 to absent students. Student selling candy for the social submit their money on April 16. They will receive tickets on May 22 in homeroom.