Keep on rocking me baby

credit to: Electric_guitar_477101105.jpg

Heart like yours

If you have seen the new movie “ If I Stay” then you know all the music that is in it.  The music in that movie has a weird way of grabbing your heart.  “Heart like Yours” is one of the songs out of the movie that gave me goosebumps and grabbed my attention.  The song speaks softly and has a very good catch to it.

Breathe deep, breathe clear

Know that I’m here

Know that I’m here

Waitin’

The first verse of the song talks about being here.  When I heard this first verse I fell in love with the whole entire song.  Throughout the whole song they speak in depth, and they have this gentle way of  pulling people in.  This is a step to lead people into the meaning and this first verse gives a person a start point.  This part is not the best part of the song but it is definitely important and key to the song.

Stay strong, stay gold

You don’t have to fear

You don’t have to fear

Waitin’

In the beginning of this verse, it says “ Stay strong, Stay gold.”    These four words wrap up the feeling, and it sums up the movie in just one entire thought.  If you don’t like one single thing in this song then at least listen and take in consideration what this verse is trying to tell you. It’s trying to tell and show you not to fear and don’t think about all the scary things in this world. You need to think about how strong you are and how brave you really can be to overcome any obstacle.

I’ll see you soon

I’ll see you soon

How could a heart like yours

Ever love a heart like mine?

How could I live before?

How could I have been so blind?

Some people say that when you find love you tend to feel it in your heart.  My true love is this song.  This one verse gave me a feeling of peace and love.  Isn’t that the feeling you’re supposed to get when you feel the songs emotions in your soul?  I know that’s very cheesey, but if you pay attention to music and you truly are a music listener, then you can describe the feeling you get when you listen to your favorite song.

You opened up my eyes

You opened up my eyes

Sleep sound, sleep tight

Here in my mind

Here in my mind

Waitin’

Life has this weird and crazy way of giving you something very little but that small thing makes you so happy.  Music is my little joy.  This song and music give me a little joy in my heart.  Nothing can change that.  These two verses, one above and one below, have a safe feeling to them.  They give a feeling of being safe and comfortable because they say things like don’t fear.

Come close, my dear

You don’t have to fear

You don’t have to fear

Waitin’

I’ll see you soon

I’ll see you soon

How could a heart like yours

Ever love a heart like mine?

How could I live before?

How could I have been so blind?

You opened up my eyes

You opened up my eyes

Hold fast hope

All your love is all I’ve ever known

Hold fast hope

All your love is all I’ve ever known

How could a heart like yours

Ever love a heart like mine?

How I could I live before?

How could I have been so blind?

You opened up my eyes

You opened up my eyes

You opened up my eyes

You opened up my eye

The world would be such a sad place if music wasn’t apart of it.  Horror would run through the streets.  People would be horrible.  No, I’m just kidding, but I’m serious about the world wouldn’t be such a good place.  Life is one big fat giant stinking mess, but music seems to make it a little bit better.