• April 12Mini-Thon! The cost is $10 and sixth grade tickets will be sold Monday, April 15 and Tuesday, April 16 in room 212.

Picture Perfect

seventh grades boys on the basketball team work hard for their game
photo taken by Emily Simmons
seventh grades boys on the basketball team work hard for their game photo taken by Emily Simmons

With the second marking period coming to a close and the third marking quickly beginning students at the junior high have officially completed half of the school year. Some students also begin to switch elective classes at the start of the new marking period. This blog takes a look back at the beginning of the year to when students first got their lockers and were learning their classes and flashes forward to how students have changed.   Along with the third marking period, beginning comes class changes of electives such as tech ed, gym, health, music and art classes students selected to take for either a semester or marking period.

Ninth grade Student Tyler Wagner opens his locker for the first time during the school year.
Ninth grade student Tyler Wagner opens his locker for the first time during the school year. This will be his third time getting a new locker at the junior high and his final time as next year.
KODAK Digital Still Camera
Ninth grade students organizing and putting supplies away in their lockers for the first time this year. This will be the last year they have at the junior high.
KODAK Digital Still Camera
Ninth grade student Issac Kormanski practices his locker combination on the first day of school attempting to open his locker. Students at the junior high all did something similar the first day of school.

Ninth graders walking in the hallway after school one day Photo taken by: Sarah Harmon
Ninth graders walking in the hallway before school Jan. 15 the last official day of the second marking period. Some students were  preparing to go to  one of their classes for the last time as some elective courses change Tues Jan 20.
Photo by Emily Simmons

This years boys basketball season has begun this year. The Seventh, EIghth, and Ninth grade teams both games and practices after school weekly.
This year’s boys’ basketball season has begun this year. The seventh, eighth and ninth grade teams both had games and practices after school weekly. Photo  by Emily Simmons
As the year has progressed many sports have begun and ended, One of the sports that has come to an end this year is Girls Volleyball such as eighth grade girls basketball. However many other sports have begun such as wrestling, basketball and softball season is quickly approaching.  Photo by Emily Simmons
As the year has progressed many sports have begun and ended. One of the sports that has come to an end this year is girls’ volleyball . However many other sports have begun such as wrestling, basketball and softball season is quickly approaching. Photo by Emily Simmons

As the year has progressed, many school activities such as sports have come to an end. However, there are many clubs and groups that still currently meeting regularly. Sports are also still going regularly. Currently boys and girls basketball have games, wrestling and swimming have a few meets left. Girls’ softball season is also quickly approaching. Come to a game to support fellow students! Although half the year is gone there is still one semester left full of tons sports, clubs and activities going on at the junior high.