Homework needs limited during midterm week

Photo courtesy of coconutgiroro.deviantart.com.

Ninth graders have a midterm and a final throughout the course of the year. Since we are in the middle of January, we are in the week of midterms. Students should not have homework from any other class during the week of midterms. Not just for one reason, but many.

For instance if students have to finish a study guide, that’s lets say, 50 points, kids are most likely not going to do anything else because they are going to want to finish the most important thing. Not saying that homework is not important, but students would choose a 50 point assignment over a 2 point homework assignment.

Students won’t be able to concentrate on their midterm exams if they have to focus on other homework. All it does to the kids attending this school is burn out their brains. Then they have to go to school the next day and the teachers expect them to be able to sit in class and concentrate. Most students would say that they are crazy for even expecting us to sit in other classes and do work while we could be studying for another classes test. Maybe in the future, teachers will consider not giving homework out during midterm week.