• April 12Mini-Thon! The cost is $10 and sixth grade tickets will be sold Monday, April 15 and Tuesday, April 16 in room 212.

Yolo: Things to do before you die

The Singapore’s Observation Wheel glows in the night sky. Photo credit: Flickr.com Photo by: edwin.11
The Singapore’s Observation Wheel glows in the night sky.
Photo credit: Flickr.com
Photo by: edwin.11

Located on  Marina Bay, Singapore is home to the world’s biggest ferris wheel. It is so big that people referred to it as an observation wheel. Standing at a stunning 165m,  The Singapore Flyer is the height of a 42-story building. Taking a flight on this $240 million wheel is a one-of-a-kind experience people would never forget. I definitely want to ride this when I’m older.

As the wheel goes around, people can get a 360° view of the historical landmarks. People have the option to see views from the Marina Bay to the Singapore River. This includes the Raffles Places, Merlion Park, Empress Place and the Padang. There is no other place in Singapore that people can see so much of this beautiful city, that makes this ride an educational experience.

The Singapore Flyer has 28 air-conditioned capsules, each one the size of a bus and is  able to take on up to 28 riders. The Singapore Flyer gives people an incredible view of the surrounding island-state, as well as glimpses of neighboring countries Indonesia and Malaysia. It seems pretty cool.

While on the ride people are served signature local dishes such as chilli crab, butter crab, cereal prawns and drunken prawns. These are all of my favorite seafood dishes!  It’s 30 minutes of heaven! That is for the people who don’t get motion sickness.

The ride opens daily from 8:30am to 10:30pm (last flight at 10:15pm) Ticket prices may vary and packages are available, see the official site for pricing and details www.singaporeflyer.com