Carve the Pow!

Blue Knob is selling season passes again that are 40% off the full price. Seven Springs has now closed the slopes.

Courtesy of http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Travisrice.jpg

But other than local news the Red Bull Supernatural competition ended Monday of this week. The competitions took place in Baldfaced Lodge, Nelson, British Columbia and Canada.

The Red Bull Supernatural competition was created by Travis Rice. Travis Rice is one of the best snowboarders in the world. He was in the snowboarding movie The Art of Flight. The movie is rated one of the highest snowboarding movies ever. It was made in 2011 and still catches interest of snowboarder and movie lovers today. Travis Rice invites some of the best snowboarders in the world to the event.  The competition isn’t a jibbing or slope style contest but a back country set up with a bunch of obstacles. At the end of the trail there is a big air jump. It is also probably one of the best sporting events to watch on T.V. Travis Rice won his own competition and I know it may sound weird that he won his own competition but that is just how good he is.

You can check out more of the competition and some videos of the competition at http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_INT/Event/Red-Bull-Supernatural-021243151773398.