Editorial: Chromebooks improving students education

Each eighth and ninth grader got  a Chromebook to use during school and out of school. There used for homework, in class work, or any type of assignment needed done.

Maddy Pincin

Each eighth and ninth grader got a Chromebook to use during school and out of school. There used for homework, in class work, or any type of assignment needed done.

This year Chromebooks were given out to each eighth and ninth grader in the school. No longer will students waste up to ten minutes a period getting laptops out of carts to then sign on.

The Chromebooks have had a big impact on the students and are really helping them.

Students can now get work done independently. Tools like Google classroom help students be accountable for their class progress.  Using Google tools as well as other educational products prepares students for the future.

Chromebooks have made the students more productive and let them interact with a device instead of just writing on plain paper.  It lets students see what’s online and what’s new. It could also help the student learn how to work a Chromebook and get better at typing and using the keyboard. Those skills could help them in the long run.

For teachers, it is easier to grade projects or essays. Also teachers can post assignments on Google classroom and the students can work on them either at home or during the day. It is easier than handing a bunch of papers out to each student; it is also more organized and helps the students be more prepared.

Some argue students need less technology not more.  Chromebooks do not have a negative effect on the students and using this technology is helping the students and not distracting them. For example some English teachers use “No Red Ink” and it gives the students lessons based on what they need to learn and get done for the class. It is helping the students education and not just letting them get on the computer without.

The Chromebooks was a very good idea and they should continue to be given to future classes. Chromebooks are helping build the skills of students and helping making teaching more productive.