Yolo: Things to do before you die

Three people fly down the Taumata Racer. Photo Credit: Flickr.com Photo by: Brian Marshall

Three people fly down the Taumata Racer.
Photo Credit: Flickr.com
Photo by: Brian Marshall

During my stay at Westgate resort, I went to SeaWorld’s Water Park called Aquatica. Aquatica is an experience that you will not forget.  in the park is the incredible Dolphin Plunge, the thriller Taumata Racer, The Omaka Rocka and the Roa’s Rapids.

The most popular ride in the park is the unbelievable Dolphin Plunge. One look and it’s easy to see why. People slide down an enclosed tube slide that sends them racing through a pod of beautiful black-and-white Commerson’s Dolphin. It is a really cool sight. When I rode that slide, the Commerson’s Dolphins were racing right beside me.  It’s a ride unlike any other in the world- one only a water park by SeaWorld could create.

The Taumata Racer is the biggest thrill in the park. This is a high-speed competitive mat ride where eight racers rip down a staggeringly steep hill, head first. For some people it might be a competition but for others it could be a ride you want to enjoy. I remember waiting a second after the other seven people went because I didn’t want to get water splashed in my face.

The Roa’s Rapids is no lazy river. People will race along an action river through the white waters of Aquatica.  People will receive an awesome adventure through a roaring sea of high tides, and gushing geysers all at speeds that leaves ordinary river rides eating this one’s wake. It is so powerful that if a person is less than 51 inches then they must wear a life jacket.

Aquatica Orlando is open year round; operating hours vary and are subject to change due to inclement weather. Check out http://www.aquaticabyseaworld.com/ and choose Orlando to leatn more.