It’s too hot for gym class outside

The students play basketball inside the B gym on a rainy day.
Photo by: Cassy Salyards
The students play basketball inside the B gym on a rainy day. Photo by: Cassy Salyards
Photo by Cassy Salyards

Since the weather outside is nice students are going outside for gym more often. Students shouldn’t  have to go outside for gym when it’s hot out and humid outside. They get all sweaty, sticky, gross and are uncomfortable throughout the rest of the day.

Most students are irritated when they find out they have to go outside. The sports offered outside for gym class include whiffle ball, soccer, kickball, football and walking. These all involve getting sweaty and making students miserable. Then the students have to come inside soaked in sweat and change into their school clothes. After changing into  their school clothes  they become smelly, and sweaty as well. The students then have to sit in class sweaty, smelly and extremely uncomfortable.

The school wants the students to get a sweat out of gym class and get their heart rate up. The students can do all that while inside where there is  air conditioning. Being outside students can start sweating just by standing in one spot. When outside the students are tired and hot; therefore, they aren’t really trying and putting forth effort.

Having gym inside is most beneficial for the students and the teachers. The students have more variety of  choices inside then they do outside. Inside they can choose from ping pong, basketball, volleyball, pickle ball, badminton, kick ball, walking, football, soccer, hockey and the fitness room.

Students enjoy gym but being out in the heat isn’t very enjoyable. The teachers don’t understand how miserable it is to play football, soccer or even walk in the heat. The school has plenty of room with the two gyms and the fitness room for students to do gym. There is no need to go outside.