Tuned In

Tune it up! Emily Castillo prepares for Bandarama at the high school. She poses with her trombone. Photo by Ali Stalter

Tuned in is the musician of the week!

Every week, a new student musician will be chosen. This week, Emily Castillo is the musician of the week. She is in ninth grade and plays trombone, trumpet and occasionally plays french horn in the band. So, she plays all brass instruments.

Emily is VERY talented! She’s been playing an instrument since fourth grade and she is involved in jazz-band, marching band and symphonic orchestra.

In elementary school, Emily was in jazz-band for two years. Also, she did all-city. All-city is a concert band for elementary school students grade four through six.

Emily is featured as the musician of the week because of her extra musical activities outside of school and her musical talent. Outside of regular band, she does three other band related activities. She’s obviously talented considering the fact that she plays three instruments. Emily hopes to continue with her musical talent. Her plan is to be in the military after school. After that, she would like to be in the military band.