Cartoon fanatics

This week’s throwback is The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. It was originally aired on Cartoon Network. Photo courtesy of Lynsey Davis.

This week’s throwback is The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. This show was originally aired on Cartoon Network. The show was cancelled in the spring of 2007.

The background story of the show begins with the main characters, Billy and Mandy, playing a limbo game, the Grim Reaper comes along and makes a bet with them. If he loses the limbo contest, he has to stay on earth and be BFFs with the two children. If, on the other hand, he wins, he will be able to reap Billy’s dead hamster’s soul. The Grim Reaper did in fact lose the bet, causing him to stay on Earth as Billy and Mandy’s best friend.

One of the favorite episodes of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy is episode 13 of season three: “Attack of the Clowns / Complete and Utter Chaos.” Thinking that the world is in complete chaos, Eris the goddess of chaos, decides to start a new hamburger joint and quit the chaos industry.when he got sick of owning the hamburger joint, he cons Billy, Mandy and Grim into owning it. In “Attack of the Clowns,” Mandy tries her hardest to help Billy get over his fear of clowns. When Billy overcomes his fear of clowns, he begins to have an urge to kill them.

Sadly, the show was cancelled in 2007 due to low ratings and bad reviews. In the future, it is highly unlikely that the show making a comeback because it would probably still have low ratings. The only way the show might make a comeback is if the channel that it is aired on reruns the older episodes. The show is for more mature of kids and it could also teach them valuable lessons with friendships.