Movie Nerds

Coming soon, Snervous is coming soon in a limited amount of theaters.  The documentary included YouTuber Tyler Oakley on his slumber party tour. By:www.snervous.com
Coming soon, Snervous is coming soon in a limited amount of theaters. The documentary included YouTuber Tyler Oakley on his slumber party tour. By:www.snervous.com

What is happening in the movie world this week? Tyler Oakley is releasing a new movie on Dec. 11, 2016 called Snervous.  It will be in limited theaters in December.  The movie is based on his book Binge that he released in the middle of 2015 and his slumber party international tour.  Tyler is a famous YouTuber who has 7.1 million subscribers and over 21 million followers on social media.  This flamboyant outgoing and hilarious  twenty-six year old has made his way up the line from just starting in 2007.  

His movie will be a documentary about how he started his YouTube career and his early years but also including his national tour.  The famous YouTuber has shared his life in tiny clips for eight years and in this documentary he is explaining it all.  Instead of having 4-5 minute videos he is bringing out a full 1 hour 25 minute movie.  The movie is being directed by Amy Rice who has directed other movies like By the People: The Election of Barack Obama and Hurricane of Fun: The Making of Wet Hot, it will also be produced by AwesomenessTV who are also a big YouTube collaboration.   

Tyler Oakley spoke to Variety earlier this year about the work he does online. “To me, what’s really an important difference between traditional entertainment and digital — on YouTube specifically — is that people thrive when they’re authentic about themselves,” he said. “You don’t want to be a friend with someone who is not being honest about themselves.”          

Coming soon, Snervous is coming soon in a limited amount of theaters. The documentary included YouTuber Tyler Oakley on his slumber party tour. By: www.snervous.com