Superstar student

GFDL [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

Every student has that superstar quality that makes him/her stand out through the school. Each week this blog will shine the spotlight on a student who shows true character inside and out.

“It’s cool to be a seventh grader and be star student because it’s like we get noticed and stuff,” this week’s star student Evan Montgomery said.

Not only a seventh grade student, he is also a full time hockey player for his team Trackers. Evan is fully dedicated to hockey, but he also enjoys spending time with friends like other kids. Playing since he was six, he’s a master at the sport.

“I’d say I’m pretty good; I mean since I’ve been playing for awhile. I know a lot about it so yeah I can play well,” Montgomery said.

Playing hockey every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, Evan is busy most of the week. Getting to spend time with his friends while doing what he loves is one benefit of playing hockey.

“I get to see my friends at practice because we’re on the same team which is cool, so I don’t have to worry about hanging out with them because I see them at practice,”Montgomery said.

Like it is for many kids this age, it’s hard to manage the studies and grade qualifications for school while involved with a sport that takes up a lot of time during the week. As all students do Evan told us that he just tries to keep up and do some with family help or on breaks during practice.

If you see Evan through the halls or on the ice make sure to congratulate him on being this week’s superstar student.