In a Country World; It’s all about country music, upcoming concerts and artists of the week

The Canadian country pop singer/songwriter, Shania Twain. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:ShaniaTwainJune2011.jpg

Artists of the week:

1. Shania Twain

2. Trisha Yearwood

Summary of the top two below:

Shania Twain is a Canadian country pop singer/songwriter. If I had to choose one of her top songs it would have to be “The Woman In Me.” It gave her a better career. Her voice is different and she sings so lovely.

Twain started her career in 1993 and is still loved by many in the present year. She is signed with Mercury Nashville. Along with singing, she can also play the guitar. She performs well when she is singing with a guitar in her hand. Well, she performs great all the time. She is an inspiration to me because of all the determination she does to succeed in her career.

She has had the honor of receiving five Grammy Awards. She deserved all of them. Twain is sometimes called, “The Queen of Country Pop!” A special moment for singers and actresses is receiving a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. On June 2, 2011, Twain was given a star. I would love to receive one of these stars. She currently has a show in Las Vegas, NV otherwise known as Sin City.

A good song by Trisha Yearwood would have to be “How Do I Live.” This song is really pretty and it tells a romantic story.  If you want to listen or look at the lyrics here is a link for it http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/trishayearwood/howdoilive.html. Another one of her good songs is “The Song Remembers When.” It got an award for it. It is about a girl that replays a past relationship with a boyfriend. She describes it perfectly. When I listen to this song I can imagine everything that she is singing.

Upcoming Concerts: Brad Paisley, Chris Young, and Garth Brooks. June 1, in Burgettstown, PA.

Facts about the above Artists:

• Twain was married in 1993 to a music producer. In 2001, they had a son named Eja. In 2008, Twain and her husband announced their divorce due to Robert Lange having an affair with Twain’s best friend. She is now remarried to Frédéric Thiébaud, her best friends ex – husband. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shania_Twain#Personal_life