Announcements for Wednesday, Jan. 31!

Attention all students who ride buses:

Beginning on Thursday, February 1, all students must have an ID to board your assigned bus.

Bus drivers will be checking IDs to be sure you are to be on the bus.

Students are only permitted to ride the bus assigned by the transportation department.

If you need an ID, report to the main office to request an ID. The cost of a replacement ID is $3.00.

Attention staff and students: This week, the Friends of Rachel Club is sponsoring a kindness week challenge. Today’s theme is “walk a day in someone else’s shoes” and the challenge is to practice empathy, or see things from another person’s perspective. Tomorrow’s theme is “double up on kindness,” so pick a friend or classmate and dress the same. Be the ‘I’ in kind!

Congratulations to Altoona Junior High wrestling on defeating rival Tyrone by score of 63-15. Earning pins on the night were Brandt Hite, Dom Verticelli, Caleb Darpino, Mike Colyer and Ryan Palladini.

Just a reminder headphones and earbuds are NOT to be worn in the hallway.  You are permitted to have them with you in your Chromebook case and utilize them in the classroom if the teacher gives you permission.

Attention Mathcounts students:  Today’s meeting is cancelled. Please stop by Mrs. Abbotts room today to pick up important papers regarding the Mathcounts competition Saturday.  Here is today’s math question: When Yunji added all the numbers from 1 through 9 she mistakenly left out a number. Her incorrect sum was a perfect square. Which number did she leave out?