Tips for Teens

Bringing teens advice for how to handle their home lives.

Do you have troubles at home?  Whether it’s fighting with your parents or trouble with friends, these tips are here to help you through it, using different tips weekly to help you refresh and unload on your stress and worries.

This week’s weekly tip is based off of fighting with your parents.  We all do it, but in the end we always lose, no matter what the argument is.  This weeks tip is to help you better hear out your parents, “Listen more, talk less..”, remember that we are all given two ears and one mouth. This is to remind us that we should spend twice as much time listening as talking. This is especially important when talking to parents because in the end they have the ultimate say.

• Really listen when they talk to you. For example, stop what you’re doing, look them in the eye and don’t interrupt.

• Avoid angry body language. For example, don’t roll your eyes or sigh.

• Avoid sarcasm, criticism and yelling.

• Don’t assume or mind read.

• Hear out what they are saying.

Sometimes we get ourselves in even more trouble when we feel the need to talk back…Just remember next time to fully listen and respond in the right ways, without making your parent(s) upset.

“I’ve learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you’ll miss them when they’re gone from your life.”  ― Maya Angelou

Remember next time to fully listen to your parent(s) without your input stopping them.  Because when it comes time for it, it could make a huge difference on how well they listen to you.

Ear pic.