Scheele speaks to students about choices

Professional speaker, Kyle Scheele talks to students about how to make good choices. He inspired the students to make good decisions and to live life to the fullest. Photo by Becca Gallace
Picasa

The Q-Site Committee invited  Kyle Scheele as guest speaker of a recent school assembly. The motivational speaker from Missouri visited the school on Friday Feb. 21, 2014. He told stories and lectured for the purpose of helping students make the world a better place.

The school contains a committee named Q-Site formed of parents of students. These parents work with teachers to produce ideas for school events. By working together, they set up several fundraisers and features in school. The committee organized the Box Top collection and the Scholastic book fair. Currently, the Q-Site arranged the assembly with guest speaker Scheele, on Friday, Feb. 21, 2014, in the auditorium. It went on approximately for an hour and occupied two periods.

The assembly focused on three topics, aiming beyond, peer pressure and dangers of social networking.

During the speech, Scheele addressed that everyone is different and contains a unique story of their lives. The staff hopes the motive reached the entire student body. Shawn Cerully, council member responsible for the assembly, hopes students realize the significance of life.

Professional speaker, Kyle Scheele talks to students about how to make good choices. He inspired the students to make good decisions and to live life to the fullest.
Photo by Becca Gallace

“..this can make an impact. I think students will enjoy it,” Cerully said.

Back in grade school, Scheele felt speakers just listed him actions not to do. According to him, the speaker tells them not to make bad decisions instead of suggesting how to live a positive life. That was one of the reason he pursued speaking. He wants to assist people to accomplish positive actions instead of avoiding.

“I was already not doing any of those and I was a good kid. I was motivated and I wanted to make the world a better place,” Scheele said.

The committee discovered the speaker through an online video. Scheele specializes in motivational speaking for four years now. Scheele speaks to schools and at conventions in various states. These states include Pennsylvania, Virginia and Alabama. This would be the third time he visited Pennsylvania and the first time in Altoona.

Before the assembly, a couple students assumed it was another talk to prevent them from associating with drugs and alcohol. Some said they were excited to get out of class. And afterwards, the same students, along with several other, implied that they liked the guest speaker and that was funny.

“ ..I’m one hour of your life and some of the people in here might never think of me again, but if I can just plant a seed with somebody and they can then go turn it into something, that’s the best part of it,” Scheele said.

The assembly outlined young people’s decisions. Scheele hoped that it helped students live a more positive life. Scheele states that he thinks the future generation will be fine. For more information on the speaker, Scheele, his website kylescheele.com is available.