Band prepares for upcoming adjudication

Band prepares for upcoming adjudication

Ninth grade band teacher, Kent Martin prepares his students for the adjudication in May. An adjudication is a competition. Students go and compete in many different areas including chorus, band, jazz band and orchestra. This year students are going to Six Flags to compete. They play many different songs. This year they are playing seven different songs. They have only learned two so far.

In order for the students to win the competition, they have to work hard in class every day. They take their music home everyday and practice it until they know it very well. Once they are done performing their songs, they go out into the audience and watch the rest of the performances. The songs that the students know so far are Acceptance and Stones.

Ninth grader, Drake Yarwood and Michael Stump warm up with their trumpets. They made sure that their instrument was in tune. They had to make sure so that when they started practicing, they would be able to play the correct notes.
Photo by Hanna Feathers
Ninth grader, Taylor Carini listens to the band director tell them what to play. He wanted to make sure he knew when the concert was and what time he had to be there and ready by.
Photo by Hanna Feathers
Band director, Kent Martin conducts the band while they play their songs. He conducts them so that they are bale to tell what beat they are on. Conducting helps the students stay with the beat and each other.
Photo by Hanna Feathers
The trumpet section plays their instruments. They were looking at their music so that they played the correct note. They were trying to all sound alike and play the same and correct notes.
Photo by Joanne Pringle
Two of the ninth grade flute players, Miranda Orr and Kyle Siskron play their notes to the song. They had to focus on their music so they played the right notes. Since they just got their piece of music a little bit ago, they had to look at the notes.
Photo by Hanna Feathers
The drum line, Timmy McCall, Dylan Seide,l Ryan Kuzupas and Matt Zupon pracices their songs. Once they were done, they stood there are watched Mr. Martin as he was explaining some information about the song.
Photo by Hanna Feathers