Seventh grade white football team defeats BG

The seventh grade white football team gets into their huddle before the game against Bishop Guilfoyle on Oct. 2.

On Oct. 2 the seventh grade white football team played against Bishop Guilfoyle. The team played on the Roosevelt field. They won. They had many students and family members come to support them.

Seventh grader Noah Zolnak is a player on the team.

“I think our team plays well,” Zolank said.

Coach Rocco Depiro is very proud of his team.

“It’s been a very enjoyable year. I’m glad to have had the opportunity to coach every one of them, and I wish them the best of luck in sports and life,” Depiro said.

The team practices Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Zolnak’s mom, Wendy Zolnak, tells about how her son feels about going to practice.

“He loves it.” W. Zolnak said.

The team has a record of five to one.

“When the team wins a game, Noah is very excited, very proud,” Zolnak said.

The team doesn’t have a specific ritual to do before playing a game.

“The only thing we do is give them expectations that we would like them to meet. I’m not really a ra-ra kind of coach,” Depiro said.

The team this year made Depiro proud.

“I like the fact that they came to the season with prior knowledge about football, they’re well mannered kids and intelligent as well,” Depiro said.

The players knowledge about football led them to defeating Bishop Guilfoyle. These players learned all they know from the coaches. There are many more wins to come from the seventh grade white football team.