Classmates go to D.C. for reward trip

Classmates go to D.C. for reward trip

It’s that time of the year again when field trips are happening all of the time.  Band, orchestra, chorus, diversity club and more went on their trips.  This particular trip was for the people who fund raised in the beginning of the school year.  The goal was to sell ten magazines, and if they did they won a trip to Washington D.C.  That is our nation’s capital.  The trip was cancelled in November of 2013 and was made up on May 21, 2014.  They visited all of the famous museums and monuments like the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Smithsonian and more.  Here are some pictures of the students that participate in the field trip.

WP_20140521_038
Cool piece! This historical space shuttle at the Nation Air and Space Museum in Washington D.C. Students went there for a reward they got earlier in the year. Photo by Jacob Hord
WP_20140521_028
President!! Students are walking past the White House where the Seattle Seahawks were getting awarded for winning the Super Bowl. Students did not get to see inside the White House though. Photo by Jacob Hord
WP_20140521_013
Hey Abe! Students go to the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. where they see the statue of Abraham Lincoln. Students took many pictures by the iconic statue. Photo by Jacob Hord
WP_20140521_011
Holy Building. Student Trevor Miller is walking up the stairs to the Lincoln Memorial with the res of the group. All students had a blast at the memorial and in Washington D.C. Photo by Jacob Hord
WP_20140521_009
True Heroes! This is a picture of the fallen soldiers that died in the Vietnam War. There was many people that were standing silent during the walk by the memorial. Photo by Jacob Hord
WP_20140521_005
Fallen Soldiers! These are the statues of the fallen warriors that died for our country in Vietnam. Some students got very emotional during the walk by this place. Photo by Jacob Hord