Cartoon fanatics

This week’s throwback is The Proud Family. Photo courtesy of Lynsey Davis.

This week’s throwback is The Proud Family. The Proud Family was originally aired on Disney Channel from 2001 to 2005. It was cancelled due to the ratings beginning to go down.

The main character, Penny Proud is a 14 year old girl who is embarrassed by how her father acts. She is on the football team and the newspaper staff. She is often a feminist and gets bratty when things don’t go her way.

Oscar Proud is Penny, Bebe and Cece’s overly attached father. Oscar is very childish and immature. He owns and runs his own snack food business that isn’t very popular on the show.

Trudy Proud is the mother of Penny, Bebe and Cece. She comes from a very wealthy family.

Suga Mama Proud is Oscar’s mother. She always torments and beats up her son. Deep down, she loves him.

The show is not very likely to return on television because of how low the ratings began to get.

One of the most popular episodes is episode 10 of season three. The episode is She Drives Me Crazy. This episode is about how Suga Mama is caught with an expired driver’s license. She then has to go to the DMV to get a new license. Penny gets hurt when she’s trying to tell Suga Mama to pull over.Here’s a link to the episode so you can watch it yourself! www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJlCI8eOszU‎