Cartoon fanatics

This+weeks+throwback+is+Batman+Beyond%21+Photo+credits+by+Lynsey+Davis.+
This week’s throwback is Batman Beyond! Photo credits by Lynsey Davis.

This week’s throwback is Batman Beyond! This show was originally aired on The WB TV Network. This show was made to continue the original series of the original Batman.

Batman is back as a teenager named Terry McGinnis, who’s batsuit is more high tech than the original, fights crime in Gotham City to save its’ citizens.

In this new twist on Batman, they make Bruce Wayne, the original Batman, become an elderly man who is not capable of fighting crime fighting anymore. The series began in 1999 and ended in 2001.

The show was cancelled due to low ratings. In the future, the show is not as likely to return unless there are newer episodes that come out.

The most popular episode of Batman Beyond is season two episode four: Lost Soul. This episode is about how Terry must fight the batsuit when it is taken over by a virtual soul of a dead communications director who literally became a ghost in the machine. Without the suit, he must save the man’s grandson from becoming a possesed body of the soul. Here’s the link to watch it for yourself!  http://www.watchcartoononline.com/batman-beyond-season-2-episode-17-lost-soul