BANG! Disney is Taking Bronson’s Room by Storm

Lost+in+the+Jungle%21+This+part+of+her+room+has+everything+from+lions+to+trees.+She+had+every+Lion+King+character+you+could+think+of.++
Andie Kephart
Lost in the Jungle! This part of her room has everything from lions to trees. She had every “Lion King” character you could think of.

Eighth grade American cultures teacher Elizabeth Bronson is well known from her teaching, running the eighth grade student council, working almost every sporting event at the school and her fun, crazy classroom themes. 

Bronson said I’m up in my room for a long time everyday.  It’s a happy place.

”I just want it to be a place that is happy for people to come to and is comforting for me,” Bronson said. 

Bronson’s room theme for this year is Disney. In her classroom it has all four parks including Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and Epcot. Bronson has everything from Disney Princesses, Mickey Mouse characters, Star Wars and even the different cultures in Epcot. 

Crazy about cultures! This corner of her room is themed after Disney’s Epcot theme park. This park specifically embarrasses the unique differences between cultures around the world.

Her students love her fun and crazy themes. They find that it fits her personality. 

“I think it’s a great idea. It’s always so fun, and this year was extra fun. I like that you get to see all of the cultures, especially Germany,” eighth grader Addy Mitchell said. 

Each of her themes are expensive and take a very long time to set up. Every theme costs around $500 and comes from her own pocket. Bronson said she starts collecting supplies as soon as she comes up with an idea, so she can have the best decorations for each year’s classroom. She gets these decorations from flea markets, from friends and other stores.

This hasn’t been the only year Bronson has done a room theme. She has had multiple topics throughout her time teaching, with each one being very different from one another. Some of Bronson’s past room themes have been Harry Potter, Charlie Brown, Wizard of Oz, camping, four seasons and tropical.

Bronson has her own personal favorite theme.

“I would say my favorite was “The Wizard of Oz” because my bestie and I made a floor to ceiling tornado that was about eight feet wide, and it was made out of chicken wire, ” Bronson said 

Coming up with themes is sometimes challenging for Bronson and her team.

“We sit there and ponder and talk about it,” Bronson said. “We’ve been talking about it since we finished this one.” 

Setting everything up is a whole new challenge they are faced with. This past year took two people and 12 hours to set up everything. Bronson said it all depends on the theme, and if they have a vision of what the room will look like.